[Discuss-sudbury-model] For Elizabeth...

From: <m.m_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed Oct 29 17:49:00 2003

exerpt:
"Joe, you really shouldn't talk about someone you've never met.
I'm not cynical, ignorant, nor am I curmudgeon. I am not angry,
virtuously poor, and whatever bad words you can think of to
describe who I am --- certainly you cannot have any claim in
knowing me. You can't create an imaginary state of being for me
to exist in, and describe my identity as if you know me. I've
been psychologically beaten down by this online community, by
you, by a parent who dared to tell me that I wasn't loyal enough
to the community to deal with suffering with huge outstanding
school debts and still volunteer my life energy away. Those are
documented truths, so cut the crap and talk without describing
me as some necessary literary character in a novel we all love."

Elizabeth,

I knew immediately from the beginning of both of your emails that they were from you without even looking at the signature line. Perhaps you don't see yourself in the terms that Joe described. Perhaps you would describe yourself as loving, upbeat, and fun, but that is not the face that you have shown to this list.

I'm not a parent. I'm not a Sudbury teacher or administrator. My only interest or claim to this ideal is that I believe it is the healthiest one for the children of this world. I'm interested in people's experiences and joys. I'm interested in a world that has room for people to create their own experiences and joys. Yet, every time I see an email from you my heart sinks. I usually just skip them. IMy experience with reading your emails is that I never feel good after reading them. You always sound angry and I would say spiritually poor. My question for you is, since you obviously have nothing good to say about Sudbury, since you can't speak of the schools without anger, what exactly are you trying to create with your emails?

Hoping for happiness for you,
Monica

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com