Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Can a Democratic School Provide a Jewish Education?

From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun Oct 19 16:54:00 2003

On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 02:42 PM, Marilu Diaz wrote:

> Following the freedom/democracy platform, shouldn't children be
> exposed to all philosophies before they are 'told' what is right for
> them?

Of course. That's how I was raised. The trouble is that most parents
aren't fortunate enough to know all religions and all philosophies well
enough to expose their children to them.

You see, it's pointless exposing a child to, say, Marxism, or Islam,
without *knowing* Marxism and Islam well enough to answer any
objections that might crop up in discussions of the subject!

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>