Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Can a Democratic School Provide a Jewish Education?

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Fri Oct 17 15:09:01 2003

"And he said: Your children are not your children. They are the sons and
daughters of Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from
you, And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you. You may give
them your love but not your thoughts. For they have their own thoughts. You
may house their bodies but not their souls, For their souls dwell in the
house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you. For life
goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday. You are the bows from which
your children as living arrows are sent forth. The archer sees the mark upon
the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows
may go swift and far.

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness; For even as he loves
the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable."

"The Prophet," Gibran Khalil Gibran

~ David Rovner