Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Democratic schools in SC?

From: Bruce Smith <bsmith_at_coin.org>
Date: Tue Oct 14 22:55:00 2003

Faye,

Unfortunately, there are no Sudbury schools in South Carolina. I'm unaware
of other democratic schooling options there.

Good luck in your search (though be warned -- many who have not found a
suitable school in their area have either moved or been inspired/driven to
create their own school! :).

Bruce Smith
Alpine Valley School

At 03:09 AM 10/14/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been looking for a democratic school in the Spartanburg county area
>of South Carolina, and haven't had any luck at all.
>
>Does anyone here know of a democratic school in that area?
>
>Thanx,
>Faye

"To be an American is to move on, as if we could outrun change. To attach
oneself to place is to surrender to it, and suffer with it."
-- Kathleen Norris, _The Cloister Walk_