Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Democratic schools in SC?

From: Bruce Smith <>
Date: Tue Oct 14 22:55:00 2003

Unfortunately, there are no Sudbury schools in South Carolina. I'm unaware
of other democratic schooling options there.

Good luck in your search (though be warned -- many who have not found a
suitable school in their area have either moved or been inspired/driven to
create their own school! :).

Bruce Smith
Alpine Valley School

At 03:09 AM 10/14/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been looking for a democratic school in the Spartanburg county area
>of South Carolina, and haven't had any luck at all.
>Does anyone here know of a democratic school in that area?

"To be an American is to move on, as if we could outrun change. To attach
oneself to place is to surrender to it, and suffer with it."
-- Kathleen Norris, _The Cloister Walk_