[Discuss-sudbury-model] RE: [Demstartup] Segment about Booroobin on Australia's ABC 7.30 Report

From: Joe Jackson <shoeless_at_jazztbone.com>
Date: Wed Sep 24 22:44:18 2003

I wrote the following:

In the matter of Booroobin School, QLD Education Minister maintains,
"Parents and the community have high expectations of education and high
expectations of schools and an expectation that government will ensure
that those standards are met."

In fact, it precisely is the expectations and standards of the families
who wish to send their children to alternative schools in QLD that the
Minister chooses to ignore.

Sad that in QLD the right of Freedom of Speech for families to make
determinations as to how to raise their children has become less
important than beaurocrats, educational special interests & "Experts".

Joe Jackson