[Discuss-sudbury-model] Coercion, Learning & Improvisation

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Mon Sep 22 13:20:00 2003

"Life is one big improvisation"
"From the most creative artistic endeavor to the most mundane action, that mysterious process we call improvising is a part of everything we do."

Dear participants of democratic schools forums,
Tom Hall has been working on some theories regarding improvisation, learning and coercion.
I am forwarding you Tom's message.
I believe improvisation and learning without coercion thrive in democratic schools, and we should be aware of it and help it freely develop.

So, here it is, please see below.

~ David Rovner