Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] More questions from Florida...

From: <JerryAERO_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Sep 21 01:24:00 2003

Every school seems to handle cleaning up with a different approach, but with simiular results!

At Summerhill, Neill believed that keeping the school clean was of little interest to younger students, but important to the adults, so he employed people who were paid to clean the school.

At my school, the meeting tried various things, but the most effective system was when they decided to elect a cleanup supervisor each week, who would be paid $5 if the school was clean. The supervisor's job was to get as many people as possible to clean the school, but would have to do some things his or herself if not able to get people to do their jobs.

Jerry