Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] More questions from Florida...

From: Ann Ide <ann.ide_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sat Sep 20 15:31:00 2003

Hi Terri,

I'm just a parent from the Sudbury Valley School; so my perspective is just
that. When I'm at school, I hear the staff express their concerns quite
readily. Staff and students have equal rights and status; so if something
is bothering them why shouldn't they say something? I suspect they initiate
their share at school meeting, too. Part of the role of being staff is
being mentors and role models, is it not? Keeping school clean seems to fit
in with that, to me. Our school also has rules about cleaning up after
oneself. I suggest you bring that idea to meeting. IMHO, you are being
oversensitive to how the kids will perceive you and learn this democratic
way of life. How about just being authentic and letting it all fall into
place with time. Trust yourself more.

Good luck,
Ann Ide