[Discuss-sudbury-model] Need letters and signatures on online Petition

From: The Booroobin Sudbury School / Derek Sheppard <booroobin_at_squirrel.com.au>
Date: Mon Sep 15 09:36:01 2003

Hi,

By September 22, we will be lodging a request for Review by our Queensland Minister for Education of a decision by the Queensland Non-State Schools Accreditation Board to withdraw our accreditation, and therefore close the School.

We have been initiating a lot of media interest in what is happening to us. There has now been State wide coverage and later this week or early next week there will be national coverage.

I know everyone is busy, but please consider:
  a.. sending a letter in support of the School, its democracy and the freedom of Students to pursue their own interests with responsibility to prepare themselves for life; and
  b.. sign and ask as many people as you know to sign the online Petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/408446208
Letters from schools (as many as possible from Sudbury model schools would be appreciated) and individuals can be sent to:

Hon Peter Beattie MP, Premier of Queensland ThePremier@premiers.qld.gov.au and copied to: Hon Anna Bligh MP, Minister for Education education@ministerial.qld.gov.au ; Senior Policy Advisor, Murray Watt murray.watt@ministerial.qld.gov.au ; The Australian newspaper letters@theaustralian.com.au ; Courier Mail newspaper (Queensland only) fagand@qnp.newsltd.com.au ; The Sunshine Coast Daily (Sunshine Coast only) http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/main/editorial.html ; Joel Dullroy, Schools reporter, the Courier Mail dullroyj@qnp.newsltd.com.au ; Anna Reynolds, Perspectives editor reynoldsa@qnp.newsltd.com.au ; Phillip Adams of the ABC: philadams@ozemail.com.au ; Michael Lund and Pam O'Brien producers of the ABC Local Radio Morning Program: Lund.Michael@abc.net.au and O'Brien.Pam@abc.net.au; Editor of the Sunshine Coast Daily: editorial@scnews.com.au with a copy to the School admin@booroobinschool.com.au

Regards, Derek Sheppard
The Booroobin Sudbury School - a centre of learning
www.booroobinschool.com.au
Ph +61 07 5499 9944 Fax +61 07 3251 0470
Homestay boarding accommodation
Ph +61 07 5499 9943