Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Marijuana and Sudbury

From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri Aug 22 17:51:01 2003

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your e-mail.

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 09:01 AM, you wrote:

> Ardeshir,
>
> At our school, activities which violate local, state or federal law
> are against school rules.

Does that mean that if Marijuana were legal the school would not object
to students using it?

> As far as secret, if anyone knows about them doing it it gets written
> up so then it's not really a secret, is it?

No, of course not.

> But there is nothing to
> prevent anyone in the whole world from doing something if it
> is truly in secret, so I guess I don't understand the question.

You make a good point. But what about a grey area? For instance,
supposed someone comes to school *appearing* to be stoned. Is he/she
then required to take a drug test to see if he really *is* stoned?

> Good to hear from you,
>
> Joe

Likewise! (Anyway, even when I don't write to the list I always read
it.)

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>