RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Indigo Children

From: Blue Mountain School <studentsatbms_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Jul 27 02:35:01 2003

Joe,
    Absolutely, but i think i would rather have this
one semi-good label (I'Ive had my opinion changed
slightly from insights by other responders) than not
have it. I think its sad that families need to have
there child labeled an Indigo Child to try to achieve
a decent education from main stream schools, but on
the other hand i would hope that the children that
their parents have deemed Indigo will receive more
thought in what educational model is right for them
and that their parents would search out options that
they otherwise would have ignored. I guess i feel
there is less harm than good with having another label
out there to be used, especially if it can hopefully
shed some light on treating young people with
equality. But in no way do i think that this is the
answer to the bigger problems that exist. Cory K-L
                       Student At BMS