[Discuss-sudbury-model] On Direct Democracy . . . for a better Democracy.

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Fri Jun 13 06:20:00 2003

If schools (democratic schools) can perform by means of Direct Democracy -- why can't our country do the same?

Today we can have a State where every citizen can vote at any moment directly - without representatives - on every decision of the State, at Work, in Education.
Every citizen has the right to propose, and vote on, every political decision.
This does not mean every citizen must vote on every political issue, it only means all citizens have the right to do so.
Today citizens are free only on Election Day to decide who will decide for them.
Every citizen has the right - and ability - to decide what society should do.
see: http://www.autonarchy.org.il
http://www.kulanu-nahlit.org (Hebrew)

The BBC's plans for digital democracy
Democracy seems to need a shot in the arm . . .
 . . . democracy is changing and the internet will be one catalyst in that change . . .
http://www.opendemocracy.net/debates/article.jsp?id=8&debateId=85&articleId=995

Web Antidote for Political Apathy

~ David