[Discuss-sudbury-model] "What about the special-ed kids?" -- a different approach

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Wed Jun 4 15:08:01 2003

"What about the special-ed kids?"

In fact, if your wife bears a "special-needs" child, does that give you any moral right to stick a gun in my face and take what you need out of my pocket to meet those "special needs"? No? But if you've got no moral or ethical right to do such a thing personally, how can you delegate someone in a uniform to do the same thing for you?

"Critics of school choice often argue that school choice benefits only the best and brightest, leaving behind those children who are most difficult to educate,"

Private schools couldn't deal with "special-needs" kids? Actually, they can. And in the meantime, at least they don't create the "special needs."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Apr-20-Sun-2003/opinion/21085272.html