Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Barefoot Children at School-A $ Perk

From: Alex Stewart <alex_at_natural-parenting.com>
Date: Tue Jun 3 16:51:00 2003

I totally agree! I have several children that are now happy to wear
whatever is comfortable (and personally appealing) as opposed to
"fashionable". At a previous school, it was becoming an unreasonable
pressure on my 12 year old that she wear the "right" clothes (this was a
Waldorf school!). I was very relieved to find that when "fashion" enters
into the picture with some of the students at our democratic school - it is
in a much more creative and healthy sense (unique customizing of clothes).
I am still learning that it is OK for my kids to wear whatever (especially
the younger ones) but thanks to democratic education, I'm coming right
along! :-)

 Alex
Blue Mountain School Parent