Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] New to Sudbury-Cottage Grove, OR

From: R FAYE BYREM <fbyrem_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu May 29 23:13:00 2003

Well, I must say, I've gotten quite a bit of enlightenment on TCS this
afternoon!

I never go 'whole hog' on anything, but their stand on children's rights,
especially in regards to education, is what initially drew my interest.
Many of the things I have heard and read (before this afternoon) were very
child-oriented and many of the things I have read there have brought a lot
of comfort to me. But some of what I have read this afternoon makes my
blood run cold.

It's sad when extremists take a good thing and turn it into something
dreadful. Freedom should never be a cause to allow any child to be in an
obviously dangerous situation. Regardless of what 'freedom' it impedes!

Thank you for the CNVC link! I'll read more now that I have 'tasted' the
flavor and found it to be a more nourishing, nurturing way of reaching
peace. There is a center just 20 miles north of me! I'm looking forward to
further enlightenment.