Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] New to Sudbury-Cottage Grove, OR

From: Mike Sadofsky <sadofsky_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu May 29 14:03:01 2003

As Martin Wilke quotes below from the TCS web site, their spokespeople
are NOT in accord with Sudbury Valley School philosophy or apparently
with Summerhill either.

My personal forum and email exchanges with TCS spokespeople (ie David
Deutsch) were brought to a halt by me when I recognized their total
non-acceptance of SVS's use of school rules with the attendant
judicial system to deal with rule infractions. TCS apparently sees
the existence of "rules" (or as I sometimes prefer to view them -
standards of acceptable social behavior) at SVS as "coercive" and thus
NOT in accord with their philosophy.

Mike Sadofsky