RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] New to Sudbury-Cottage Grove, OR

From: Joseph Moore <joseph_at_ivorycc.com>
Date: Thu May 29 12:45:01 2003

Offhand, without having read very far into the TCS site, I'd agree that the
Sudbury Model takes children very seriously, in that every 5 year old gets
her rights respected, including the right to vote (or not) on all important
group decisions, and the right to be free of arbitrary authority. But, and I
don't know where TCS falls on this, the concomitant responsibilities also
fall to the children - the 5 year old is expected to respect every body
else's rights, and is subject to the rules and discipline of the group as a
whole if she fails to do so.

As has been said, it's not a 'nice' model. It's a 'real' model.