Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] New to Sudbury-Cottage Grove, OR

From: R FAYE BYREM <fbyrem_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu May 29 11:55:00 2003

  TCS stands for "Taking Children Seriously"

  From the TCS website:

  TCS is an educational philosophy. Its most distinctive feature is the idea that it is possible and desirable to bring up children entirely without doing things to them against their will, or making them do things against their will, and that they are entitled to the same rights, respect and control over their lives as adults.

  So far, I agree with most of what I have read from the site. And so far, it seems to be harmonious with Sudbury philosophy. I can't say for sure, since I am fairly new to both, but they 'seem' harmonious to me.

  They have a fairly high volume email list, which I un-subbed from simply because of it's volume, and they also have a few lists on yahoo groups. Some are dealing with 'common-preference' (CP) parenting, and CP relationships, and such. There is also a discussion forum located here: http://www.tcs.ac/Forum/.

  The website is located at: http://www.tcs.ac/index.html