Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] on universal suffrage

From: Alan Klein <alan_at_klein.net>
Date: Mon May 19 17:04:00 2003

I was a student and a teacher in public schools in the sixties and
seventies. I ran a very democratic public school classroom. I neither
experienced anarchy as a result of running such a class, nor did I
experience many other teachers running such classrooms. Therefore, I
experienced no anarchy. I heard of no anarchy in other school systems. Most
of what I heard about was more of the same authoritarianism that had
permeated schools for decades then, and which still permeates schools.

I am not at all clear to what you or John Gatto are referring. Can you help
me understand this better?

Thanks,
~Alan Klein