[Discuss-sudbury-model] A Full Table

From: <Sugmapl_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Apr 1 22:02:00 2003

Dear All,

Thank you very very much. I am extremely grateful to each and every one of
you. This is really just so much fun.

I am hiring organizers. We have 2 and we will open with 5. So, we only need
to orgainze 3. I will pay room, board and $100.00 a week. You can stay at A
Full Table. And I do not know how long it will take. It would be great if you
could rap this smack, but it would also be great if you are just brand new to
this.

And what is the rap? Well, something like this:
"The work starts with the single offering of freedom and respect to the
child. And it probably ends there too. It is an allowance and and an
acceptance of who the child is; it is the creation of a place where a child
can be present in their own lives. The central practical defining idea is
that the child directs their own activities every day, all day. It is
freedom, much more Harriet Tubman than John Dewey. And it is decidedly not a
program, not a nostrom, not a treatment, not a pedagogy."

All details about A Full Table at: afulltable.com

Warmest Regards,
Bill Richardson