Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] post-secondary

From: Victoria Serda <vserda_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 20 13:38:00 2003

I'd like to add that in Canada, at the University of Waterloo, Ontario, there is
the Independent Studies Program (undergraduate degree-
http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/interdis/independent/index.html) where the student
can design their own courses or mix with ones offered by the university (whether
distance or on campus), and to get the undergraduate degree you do a thesis.
There are no grades or tests, no prerequisite courses, and students have
meetings one on one with professors. I just finished this program, and sat on
the admissions committee, so if anyone has questions, email me. UW was listed by
Macleans Magazine to be the #1 best overall university in Canada for the 11th
year in a row. http://www.uwaterloo.ca/macleans/. This is the best program I
have ever heard of at an undergraduate level.
Victoria Serda