Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] post-secondary

From: Ann Ide <ann.ide_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sun Mar 16 15:41:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Sadofsky" <sadofsky_at_attbi.com>
To: <discuss-sudbury-model_at_sudval.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] post-secondary

> I am hardly an expert on the college and university scene, but some
> folks talk about Hampshire and Goddard having a self-directed
> structure. And depending on what one wants, St. Johns may be a school
> to consider.
>
> Mike Sadofsky

Hi,

> I met the President of Hampshire College this past summer at a book party
for a friend of ours. He was very familiar with SVS and our students. I
asked what they look for in students when they consider their applications.
He said, as I recall anyway, that they want a student who can read and write
and who has good critical thinking skills. It was that basic. Isn't that
great to hear?

Ann Ide