Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] On Playing Frogger

From: Ann Ide <ann.ide_at_rcn.com>
Date: Tue Mar 4 16:34:01 2003

Jennifer,

I think Mike's distinction is important, and helpful, to keep in mind when
deciding how to have a family life with Sudbury children. It can be very
confusing if you don't keep the two separate. Once you've done that, I
think just being in the question itself will guide you. If you have an
attitude about/belief in your children that matches that of the Sudbury
model, then I think it all begins to fall into place with what your family
is comfortable with. If we gave you examples, I suspect you would hear
many variations. I have been surprised to hear of staff families with rules
that we don't have, like bedtimes or tv restrictions.

Don't go trying to figure out the best or right way of doing it. Just hold
onto your intention, is my advice.

Good luck and have fun!
Ann Ide