Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] On Playing Frogger

From: Dana .... <keanpeach_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 2 21:58:00 2003

My name's Dana and I'm a student at SVS.
I happen to go on the computer a fair amount, and stay up late doing so. I
play solitaire and let my mind muddle things over. I think things through
and solve problems in my head because I'm keeping myself busy, but my mind
is racing from something other than putting one card ontop of another.
Sometimes I don't think best when I'm vacuuming or playing heart and soul on
the piano (which is about all I can play) or doing something else
"productive".
I see a lot of people at my school spend time on the computer or playing
video games or whatever. I don't see it as a bad thing. They're
interacting with each other or having a good time or whatever.
I also see a lot of people reading or writing or checking out JC or
cooking... I don't see why people can't be learning from all those things.
I'm not trying to attack anybody, I'm just putting out my opinion that video
games, computer games, whatever, are not a bad thing.
-Dana Crockett