RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] On Playing Frogger

From: Heidi Crane <bunsofaluminum60_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 2 17:15:01 2003

ah...trusting their "innate self-learner"

maybe that's my main sticking point. Not the computer games or the TV
watching, but the trusting that they'll come out the other end of this okay.
We've always been really laid back: provided a high quality home library,
visited the public library often, "made" them do math every day, and
otherwise let them play.

Sometimes, take a month off and say "No TV this month!" which we all survive
very nicely. Or "Only one hour of computer a day, this month!" which we do
fine with, too. Otherwise, it's been an easy-going family based rural
lifestyle, where we "do lessons" daily. But let them go all the way to
adulthood like that? Even removing what "lessons" we do have?

whew.

Heidi