Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] The problem is balance . . .

From: Heidi Crane <bunsofaluminum60_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 1 17:02:01 2003

Yes, I agree. Peter's answer was most helpful. We're trying to find a
balance. In fact, we're going to be having regular family meetings, modeled
after Sudbury school meetings, as read about on the website. Maybe not
weekly, but at least two times per month. Fully democratic. No rule goes
into effect without unanimity. Well, with only five people a simple majority
is...well, we parents are going to be voted down, eh? LOL So that family
life doesn't get overrun by individual lives.

Maybe one of my fears with the TV is, with us NOT being a school, full of
many people doing many different things, but simply a family of five living
out in the country (which does further reduce the number of different things
available, by mere distance)...that TV and computer games will be the most
interesting things available.

ack.

Well, my brain IS sizzling, I must say. lots to think through, here!

peace, Heidi