Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] sudbury/summerhill

From: Heidi Crane <bunsofaluminum60_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 1 08:45:00 2003

> > 6: As time goes by, the public schools become less and less
> > relevent. Until they are abandoned and converted into
> > something more appropriate than schools to the architectural
> > style (note that most architects who design schools also
> > design prisons -- just a thought).

>2. Architects usually design anything "you put in front of them": schools,
>prisons, garbage sites, even brothels. I wonder if moral values play any
>part in their decisions.
>
>~ David

It isn't that prisons and schools are morally equal. (Is it?) but that there
are certain physical attributes to institutional buildings. Whether the
institution is a prison or a school or a social security office
building...they tend to look the same, because the physical needs of an
institution are similar, no matter the institution.

peace, Heidi