Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] sudbury/summerhill

From: Hector Ortega <hctr76_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Feb 28 11:15:01 2003

Mike,

Thanks.

I'm not really proposing anything. I'm just trying to
figure out why educators might resist to the idea of
reforming public schools to the SVS model, even after
realizing how these schools have worked so well. And
I'm wondering how a shift from traditional schools to
hopefully Sudbury schools might occur in society.
What kind of process will replace our current
educational system with democratic schools? Will it
be a sudden shift? Will small private Sudbury schools
continue to open, one at a time, slowly but surely, or
will public democratic charter schools (like the one
schedule to open in 2005 in the LA area) become
increasingly more numerous as our culture changes?

http://www.city-journal.org/html/13_1_how_i_joined.html