Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Several Questions Regarding Sudbury Model Schools

From: Joseph Roach <josroach_at_email.com>
Date: Mon Feb 17 09:36:00 2003

Greetings:

I am Joe Roach, a staff member at The New School in Delaware.
We share many characteristics with "Sudbury Schools."

There are times when I find myself "yelling at" people because I am
unhappy about what they are doing. These people have a choice to
listen to me, talk to me, or to ignore me. If they choose to ignore
me, then I may well write them up, and take them to JC.

There are times when students yell at me. Sometimes it is
justified, mostly not (at least my vainity says so).

The emphasis is on equality, but people have to live together.

Best regards,

Joe Roach

...big snip...