RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] What is your doubt?

From: <Michellh21_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Feb 16 17:55:00 2003

I'm now studying at Northern Kentucky University. My major is Early Childhood
Education. The concepts of Sudbury Schools motivate me to study education.

I've also read about Summerhill before. It has aroused extreme opinions in
England. When I looked at both sides, I found that people interpret
"education" differently. I think it is our definition of "education" that
affect our education system. For example, if people think it is much more
important for children to learn intellectual knowledge than to know
themselves, we could probably tell what the education system will be.
Therefore, I think people's doubt about Sudbury Schools might somehow show
the future development of the educational system. I'm not looking for a
definite or good answer. My research aims at finding out people's concern.
For example, from the points "fear of change" and "Belief that children need
to be lead", I'll draw some reflection or analysize them.
Therefore, any of your thinking and opinion will help. You know what, this is
the first time I don't feel that I'm doing homework to pass a course. I'm
doing what I really like and want to know about:)
Thanks a lot!

Huang