[Discuss-sudbury-model] Reading

From: brian king <kingsarchers_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Feb 10 13:04:00 2003

Hi Michael

Let me commend you taking this step to taking control of your own education.
I assume that you have found the Sudbury Valley School web site. They have a books page (www.sudval.org/books.html). Let me suggest, The Sudbury Valley School Experience, Free at Last: The Sudbury Valley School, Reflections on the Sudbury School Concept. Kingdom of Childhood, and The View from Inside. I agree that you may want to read some of John Holt, also Summerhill, by A.S. Neill. Try the Foxfire books, these are written by the students of Eliot Wigginton (Editor) there are about ten of these books. These books have help mold me as a teacher.

Good luck
Brian King
Lone Pine High School