Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] a newcomer wanting to learn

From: Richard Berlin <rberlin_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sun Jan 19 00:40:00 2003

I have my own worry about Sudbury model schools that I'll chime
in with. I imagine the rules can vary from school to school, but in
general, I think youngish children are allowed to leave campus.
Admittedly, I walked home alone when I was seven, so I think that
kids this age are capable of crossing streets safely, etc. But here
in California, where it seems we have a high-profile child abduction
about every six months, I have to say this gives me the willies.

I'd love to hear specifics about the rules at different schools, as
well as what parents do for peace of mind!

-- Rich