Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] sex & drugs & power & control

From: Jennifer Blair <noise44_at_msn.com>
Date: Sat Jan 18 21:02:01 2003

"With regard to the drugs, racism, swearing etc - these are in our society. It is better to educate children about these things so they have an understanding of them rather than prohibiting them."

But how do you educate them so they have an understanding? or is it trusted that those conversations will happen at home... what if kids are not interested in engaging in conversations about these subjects. I would love to hear how these subjects are approached with kids in schools.