[Discuss-sudbury-model] Vietnam

From: Julianne Madrid <huli_madrid_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Dec 13 09:50:00 2002

Hi! I am another one of the silent lurkers on this
list. My name is Julianne Madrid and I have been
involved with starting up the Mountain Laurel Sudbury
School in CT.

Does anyone know anything about the current
education/democratic education climate in Vietnam? My
assumption is, given their current communist state,
that Vietnam is generally not receptive to democratic
schooling. There is also the issue of extreme
poverty, as in India. I am going to Vietnam in
January as part of a peace conference and plan on
visiting a couple schools there. If anyone knows
anything that would be useful with regard to schools
there, I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

Julianne

=====