Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Sudsbury model in New Zealand

From: Dana Matthew Bennis <dbennis12_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Dec 12 21:31:00 2002

Hi Sandra,

Do you know Tamariki School and Springhill Schools in Christchurch? Also,
there is Mountain Valley School on the north part of the south
island. Tamariki just hosted the 2002 International Democratic Education
Conference (IDEC). Their website is http://www.tamariki.school.nz/, and
Mountain Valley's is http://www.mountainvalley.org.nz/. Springhill does
not as I know have a website, but they are very similar to Tamariki, having
been started when Tamariki was becoming overly full.

I visited both Tamariki and Springhill and they are great places. Some
others I know visited Mountain Valley and had very positive things to say
of it as well.

Dana Bennis