Re:Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] For India?

From: <srimad_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed Dec 11 15:08:00 2002

       Dear Ranajit: I am also from India and I was also facinated by the SVS model. I had visited the Summerhill school in England and a SVS school in Connecticut, USA. I think they are great. I just don't see many Indian parents opting for such a school as the people in India seem to want to have absolute control over their children's bodies, minds and feelings! I have heard that that changes have taken place and that children of today have more freedom than ever before. If this is true, then a few schools in the large cities or residential schools for the super rich kids could be possible. I too am interested in hearing about about any SVS school in India.

Sree
Chengara P. Sreemadhavan (sreemadhavana_at_yahoo.com)