[Discuss-sudbury-model] The Need for Educational Freedom in the Nation's Capital

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Tue Dec 10 15:29:01 2002

Unfortunately, D.C. politicians have used the issue of statehood to block positive reforms for D.C. public schools. It is time for D.C. politicians to stop putting their political concerns ahead of the concerns of students.
District officials must stop blocking the exits to school choice, end the government's monopoly on education, and allow educational freedom to flourish.

read the whole document:
http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa461.pdf (acrobat reader)

see also:
the Center for Educational Freedom at the Cato Institute http://www.cato.org/research/edu-st.html

About Cato's Education and Child Policy

      Scholars in education and child policy develop measures to clear the path for entrepreneurial activity and parental power in education. We envision a day when state-run schools give way to a dynamic independent system of schools competing to meet the needs of every single American child. We also explore policy solutions to a variety of children's issues, including infant and toddler care, child care, adoption, and social services, emphasizing the importance of personal solutions and family responsibility.

David Rovner rovners_at_netvision.net.il