Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] For India?

From: <JerryAERO_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Dec 6 13:41:01 2002

Dear Ranjeet:
I have just returned from OIndia as the keynote speaker for an Alternative Education Conference sponsored by the DAV group of 700 schools. They are very interested in learning more about alternative education and democratic schools. Fourteen schools have expressed a specific interest in following up on this after my presentation. Of course, the situation is daunting. For example, several of the DAV schools I visited had over 2000 students. An interesting question for this list would be: How would you attempt to help a school with over 2000 students which wished to democratize!#

I'm now visiting Summerhill School in England on my way back to our office in New York.

Jerry Mintz
AERO
www.educationrevolution.org