Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] SVS=Elite? AND Urban Students

From: Alan Klein <alan_at_klein.net>
Date: Thu Dec 5 18:04:01 2002

"EARNED"...absolutely. And, yes, at the societal level, everyone in the US
(even everyone at Fairhaven, at SVS, and at Highland) is in an elite. At the
group level, in this country, whites, particularly white men (of which I am
one) are privileged. The only problem is when we can't see our privilege and
when we, therefore, act as if the individual level is all there is.

~Alan