RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] SVS=Elite? AND Urban Students

From: Joe Jackson <shoeless_at_jazztbone.com>
Date: Thu Dec 5 12:03:01 2002

> even the
> poorest among residents in this country are privileged and,
> therefore, belong to the "elite" that is the USA.

So everyone is elite in the United States? I think another word besides
elite would be better. My dictionary says elite is a superlative.

> It confronts those with unearned privilege in an attempt
> to raise that privilege to consciousness.

Well then it doesn't apply to very many people at Fairhaven, and it it
sure as heck would not apply to the school itself. I hereby look at the
blood, sweat and tears of the founders, parents, students and staff over
the past 12 years and pronounce the school "EARNED!"

That's all I got.

-joe