Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] SVS=Elite? AND Urban Students

From: Victoria Serda <vserda_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed Dec 4 15:03:01 2002

Dear Joe,
I understand that the bias comes from experience, but I still think it is
important to minimize prejudices or "postjudices".
If so many staff have regretted their time in post-graduate work, then why
have so many SVS graduates gone on to post-secondary education? Do you think
they had assigned some value to it? Perhaps the problem with the staff
regretting their university work is that they did not have the freedom as
youth to explore their interests and make a wise judgment for themselves
that would justify their time. If this is true, the general "postjudice"
that you make assumes that people usually made an error in choosing their
course of study and thus will regret it. However, this is not true in all
cases, and should not be judged that way.
Victoria