Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Complexity Interpretation...

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Sun Dec 1 19:26:01 2002

No, Victoria, I don't have any suggestion about how to operate a school that would have at least nominal acceptance in society without government approval -- but I do have a much better solution: end government involvement in education -- Separate School & State. Please see: http://www.sepschool.org/ and http://www.sepschool.org/cgi/RegDisp.cgi/global (Israel).

>It is good to keep in mind how far one wants to water down one's principles to fulfill a goal, but what I meant is sometimes the goal is worth adding a little water to the mix.<

That way of thinking is the reason why the moral state of OUR world is in such a bad shape. Keep on -- and keep also wishing "a better world for us and for our children" and/or "a long lasting peace," etc., etc. -- One cannot achieve the victory of one's ideas by helping to propagate the opposite.

>I also believe it is possible that two parties can make a compromise fitting both viewpoints objectives without agreeing to a common fundamental principle.<

I see that as a very undesirable thing:
1.In any conflict between two men (or two groups) who hold the same basic principles, it is the more consistent one who wins.
2. In any collaboration between two men (or two groups) who hold different basic principles, it is the more evil or irrational one who wins.
3. When opposite basic principles are clearly and openly defined, it works to the advantage of the rational side; when they are not clearly defined, but are hidden or evaded, it works to the advantage of the irrational side.

Ayn Rand WAS definitely against anarchy: . . . Anarchy, as a political concept, is a naive floating abstraction: for all the reasons discussed above, a society without an organized government would be at the mercy of the first criminal who came along and who would precipitate it in the chaos of gang warfare . . .

Suit yourself.

Incidentaly, aren't you Spanish speaking?

~ David