Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Complexity Interpretation...

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Sat Nov 30 17:43:01 2002

Victoria,
What do you think about this?:

"A compromise is an adjustment of conflicting claims by mutual concessions. This means that both parties to a compromise have some valid claim and some value to offer each other. And this means that both parties agree upon some fundamental principle which serves as a base for their deal."
[. . .]
"There can be no compromise between freedom and government controls; to accept "just a few controls" is to surrender the principle of inalienable individual rights and to substitute for it the principle of government's unlimited, arbitrary power, thus delivering oneself into gradual enslavement . . .
[. . .]
Today , however, when people speak of "compromise," what they mean is not a legitimate mutual concession or a trade, but precisely the betrayal of one's principles -- the unilateral surrender to any groundless, irrational claim . . .
[. . .]
[Doesn't Life Require Compromise?, Ayn Rand - The Virtue of Selfishness, pg. 68]

Atentamente,
~ David