Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] intoduction

From: Victoria Serda <vserda_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri Nov 29 11:40:00 2002

Here is a good quote on grades:
 “A grade can be regarded only as an inadequate report of an inaccurate
judgment by a biased and variable judge of the extent to which a student
has attained an undefined level of mastery of an unknown proportion of
an indefinite amount of material.” Dressel, Paul (1957) “Facts and
Fantasy in Assigning Grades.” Basic College Quarterly 2, p.6
Victoria