RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Introduction, Technology at Sudbury

From: Jason Jay <jason_at_jasonjay.com>
Date: Sun Nov 24 22:20:00 2002

What a great story, Evelyn. Thanks for responding. It's inspiring to
hear that the students were able to marshall the resources for new
machines on their own.

One thing that caught my attention is that students bring software from
home. Is there any attempt made to curb illegal copying and software
piracy? More generally, how does the school community deal with illegal
or questionable online activities like trading music, viewing
pornography, etc.? Imagine if a student used a school computer to run a
server for MP3's, facilitating illegal music copying. If the machine
were traced by record companies and law enforcement, the school might be
held responsible. Do you think the school community would pass that
responsibility to the individual(s) responsible, or would they create a
school rule against illegal activity?

-Jason

"Fighting with another makes war, but
     struggling with one's self brings peace."
                 -Hazrat Inayat Khan

     http://www.jasonjay.com