Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Introduction, Technology at Sudbury

From: <Evfocus_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Nov 24 21:57:00 2002

Hi Jason,
 For a long time there were only two computers and there was competition for
computer time so one student who wanted to have more computer time. He
contacted all the parents and some companies and got four computers donated
to the school. He formed a computer corporation with other students and they
in charge of maintenence. Students bring thier own software.
There are only two students who bring laptops. My daughter is one of them but
she only brings it on occasion. I have never heard a students cell phone
ring at our school. Which either means they don't have them or they don't
feel the need to use them very much.
I know that there has been a big push to get computers in the public schools.
I have a ten year old and a six year old that have never taken a computer
class.My ten year old had this banner of words scrolling on thier own across
and email she was sending to a friend. This isn't something I know how to do.
I asked her about it. She says "It's HTML code mom."
One of her pen pals taught her.Computers like everthing else are easily
mastered when your interested.
I am very happy I found this school for my daughters.
My Best,
Evelyn
Diablo Valley Parent