[Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: Discuss-sudbury-model digest, Vol 1 #22 - 6 msgs

From: <soniar_at_dolphin.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri Nov 22 09:55:00 2002

Hi Linda,

I am a Masters student at the University of Pennsylvania, and I am applying
for the Ph.D. program here. I am here so that I can start a non-hierarchical,
community school dedicated to social justice in an urban community. I am
beginning with a Masters Thesis focused on the interplay between globalization
and American education (how economic policies guide educational priorities and
how educational institutions can frame a transformative response to these
economic policies). As I move forward into a Doctoral Dissertation, I will be
closely examining various small- and large-scale school reform models and
taking the most effective aspects of each as I design a school model and
organize educators and a community to get it up and running. So far, the
Sudbury schools seem to offer a lot as far as governance and approach to
learning go, and I'm very interested in the theoretical framework that drives
this kind of open learning community.

If you still have those books and tapes, I would be very interested in them.
My e-mail address is soniar_at_dolphin.upenn.edu and my phone number is (215) 222-
4605. Thanks!

-Sonia Rosen

Quoting discuss-sudbury-model-request_at_sudval.org: