[Discuss-sudbury-model] the curious absence of democracy from our school system

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Tue Nov 19 15:59:01 2002

Why Dick and Jane are learning fascist tendencies
or
Why Dick and Jane are learning the bully mentality
or
Why Dick and Jane are learning the habits of domination
and
the curious absence of democracy from our school system.
http://edheretics.gn.apc.org/EHT026.htm

some propositions about a democratic education:

  1.. admit variety rather than uniformity.
  2.. permit critical thought rather than belief.
  3.. operate power-sharing rather than authoritarian imposition.
  4.. promote flexibility rather than rigidity.