Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model]Re: "ADD/ADHD" kids

From: <Evfocus_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Sep 2 11:41:01 2002

I am a parent at a Sudbury school in California. I think Sudbury schools are
a place for kids that would other wise "fall through the cracks."
At our school their is one student who has had problems controlling
aggressive impulses. He has physically hurt other children. He has been
suspended due to his behavior.
His parents are strong supporters of the Sudbury philosophy. I think that's
why the whole community has been patient. The patience has been paying off
and the students ability to control the impulse to hurt other children is
improving.
I know our community is patient as long as the parents believe in respect for
their children.
Evelyn Hardesty
DVS Parent