Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model]Re: "ADD/ADHD" kids

From: Shelli Buhr <shellibuhr_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun Sep 1 20:11:00 2002

> One book that I found to present a refreshing viewpoint regarding these
> kids is _The Indigo Children_

I have been working with the Indigo Generation for the past several years. I agree
that this is a good book to read towards understanding the children of today called
the Indigo's or what is better known as the ADD/ADHD children. I have several
friends who are authors who participated in the writing of this book and the
conference just held last August.

My work as an Energy Intuitive is what started my work with the children and has
propelled me into wanting to create an alternative education methods. When I cam
across sudbury by www.Abraham-hicks who offers Daniel's book, Free at Last, that
was how I came here. What Sudbury offers is almost identical to the model I had
envisioned for my own school program, with only a couple of exceptions.

First, I envisioned the school to be holistic in nature; however after reading the
book, I realized that I was also projecting my own beliefs onto the children and
had now shifted gears in my thinking.

Second, the only thing I have disagreed with is that Sudbury does not always take
children with learning disabilities, which is in conflict with what Daniel says in
the book, that there are no learning disabilities. Where posts on here have stated
otherwise.

> Care and Treatment of Indigo Children_, is also a good read).

This is not by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober, but by Doreen Virtue. good read yes, but
I personally would not recommend Doreen's methods of diet and nutrition. I do not
feel the dietary model she gave in here is not what I would call supportive to the
children who are ADD/ADHD. I feel it more support Doreen's own personal preference
of breathatarianism, not the children's ADD/ADHD requirements.

I can offer you the email of Karen Eck kareneck_at_eoni.com, who is also one of the
authors contributing to Indigo Children, who would also not agree with this
information. Karen's special talent is specifically geared towards Indigo's, ADD
children and nutrition, and the list owner of indigo-children, hosted by
yahoogroups. She sells a product called Sea Silver, which is much more affective in
alternative methods of treatment, also a company in Canada called True Hope
(www.truehope.com) has had great results in treating many various mental illnesses.

Also Dr. Bate does neuro-biofeedback that can cure ADD/ADHD in 40 sessions, Autism
in 60, as well as other neurological dysfunction's by stimulating the brain to
relax. The beauty in this is that ADD/ADHD children do not have an "attention
deficit" rather, the neurotransmitters in the brain are so stimulated that they are
literally taking in everything within their scope of range and cannot focus on just
one thing.

Rather than medicating these children, which also slows down this physiological
process, there Rae many methods of treatment that are just as successful,
especially if used in conjunction with each other. Dr Bate is located in Florida,
and can rent or sell machines and train on how to use them. I know a few others who
do neuro-biofeedback on the west coast if anyone wants further info.

So in teaching through the Sudbury way, there are incredible benefits also in
channeling the creative energy of the child in ways that are not rigid like the
curriculam-based philosophies used today.

I have been one of the main media drivers behind the Indigo work, which is what
brought me here to Sudbury in my search to build schools. I had a newsletter called
the Rainbow Bridge which focused mainly on the Indigo generation. One Light
Foundation was built for children; we will be sponsoring a second booth to be
hosted by Doreen Graham of Indigo Village here in Atlanta at the conference.

For more information about the Indigo Children you can see and contact Wendy
Chapman of www.metagifted.org,

Nancy Baumgarten who has summer camps for kids at
http://www.geocities.com/~galacticgirl/

Spirit of Ma'at magazine (Drunvalo Melchizedek, Flower of Life) has a free issue
dedicated to the Indigo's www.spiritofmaat.com/

Indigo Village, http://www.indigofuture.com/

For herbal Remedies at: See ADHD page
http://www.healthcalls.net/hh_enscan.html

Here's some notes from the NIH conference specifically on ADD children.
http://interactivemetronome.com/abstracts/NIH/NIHConcConf.htm

I am sorry if this is offensive in any way and Liz please do not take this
personally about Doreen's book, but I feel that if I didnt offer this knowledge,
that I would not be serving the children; I hold my responsibility in the highest
regard.

Many of the people on this list are not familiar with the Indigo knowledge; I have
not been one to express my spiritual views, but thought I would offer this
information for anyone interested in finding out more.

Please feel free to email for more information.

Many Blessings,
Shelli Buhr